Are You Festival Ready?
less is more
Swamp Fox Love Fest is all about spreading peace, love and sharing the groove. We would like to make sure that all festival attendees have the absolute best time possible by being prepared. Please be sure to evaluate everything you plan to bring with you. Remember less is more. Bring only the essentials. Leave your area better than you found it (which is profound advice at festivals and life in general!). If you have questions not addressed in this article, please check our FAQ or contact us.
If you are interested in helping us keep it clean, please fill out the Volunteer Application form to be part of the Green Team.
what to bring
- Festival ticket …seriously….check before you head out….several times.
- ID – if you want to get an alcoholic beverage or pick up tickets from will call this is a must!
- Tent and all its accompanying poles/tarps/stakes
- Sleeping bag
- Roll mat
- Toilet paper – we will provide it in the bathrooms and port-o-potties but better safe than sorry, amirite?
- Sun tan lotion/SPF
- Enough change of clothes in case you get wet
- Medical info (if you have any allergies or medical conditions)
- Medication if required
- Bags for dirty clothes and garbage
- Mark valuables with house name and address so it can be posted back to you
what not to bring
- Too much stuff so you can’t take it home again
- Please don’t bring gazebos – they take up valuable tent space in the campsites plus an awful lot of them get left behind. We’d also rather you didn’t put tape around your enclosure of tents, please. It makes it harder for other people to get to their tents
- Outside food and alcohol – there will be plenty for purchase on-site
- Excess packaging – if you purchase something new for the festival, please remove all the excess packing at home, before you arrive
- Please don’t bring anything made of glass (even perfume or mirrors) it will be confiscated if found
- You may be searched at the entrance for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner – which will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may also be searched and face eviction. No portable laser equipment or pens are permitted
- NO animals (except registered guide dogs), sound systems, generators, sky lanterns or kites, unauthorised fireworks, or wax flares
- Persons using fireworks will be evicted from site and materials confiscated.
- No unauthorized tape recorders, professional film or video equipment are allowed onsite. Cameras for personal use are welcome
- Sound systems
- No drums
- Flying or filming with drones is not allowed on site before, during or after the festival – and is prohibited by law. We have a working site and the safety of our audience, crew and staff is paramount
- No Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) or other illegal substances